Training Course Outline
Successful Enterprise SOA: Combining SOA and Enterprise Architecture
This course provides the technical information necessary to create and manage Enterprise SOA solutions. It covers key elements of Enterprise SOA, including standards, technologies, techniques and methods for developing Enterprise SOA solutions. Attendees explore a wide range of basic to advanced elements of Web services specifications and how to correctly use them to architect high quality Enterprise SOA solutions, as well the best practices for using ESBs, BPMS, and Service Repositories and the tools, methods and products for SOA Governance. Attendees also learn how to use a model driven approach to create executable Enterprise SOA, based on the OMG SoaML standard for SOA modeling. Overall, attendees leave the course with a thorough grounding in case studies, lessons learned, and best practices for planning and implementing successful Enterprise SOA projects.
- Business & Systems architects
- IT Project managers
- CIOs, CTOs, and Program Managers
- Understand the goals and benefits of Enterprise SOA.
- Learn the Fundamental Enterprise SOA Terms and Taxonomy.
- Learn how to plan for Enterprise SOA Governance, including maturity models, processes, methods, and tools to support Enterprise SOA Governance.
- Discuss and understand the role of a services architecture
- Discuss the best practices to use an Enterprise Service Bus in an Enterprise SOA.
- Explore the concepts and technology for service orchestration and discuss the guidelines to integrate a Business Process Management Solution in an Enterprise SOA.
- Discuss the concepts, specifications, and technologies for service composition and explore the role of an enterprise service bus in an Enterprise SOA.
- Discuss and explore the path from governance and architecture to implementation using Model Driven Architecture
- Discuss case studies, lessons learned, and best practices for planning and implementing successful Enterprise SOA projects
Duration: 2 Days